Music Collectors' Rendezvous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beatles remastered out now

5 posters

Go down

Beatles remastered out now Empty Beatles remastered out now

Post by ninja Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:42 am

Mahal kasi 11 albums na Shocked The "mono" version in fact is much more expensive than the stereo version.Check it out
http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Mono-Box-Set/dp/B002BSHXJA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1252631195&sr=8-2
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Libra Location : Philippines
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Beatles remastered out now Empty Re: Beatles remastered out now

Post by matt65ph Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:39 am

These will be made available soon anytime now...

limited copies lang ang pinasok. about 300 copies per title.

ninja wrote:Mahal kasi 11 albums na Shocked The "mono" version in fact is much more expensive than the stereo version.Check it out
http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Mono-Box-Set/dp/B002BSHXJA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1252631195&sr=8-2
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am

matt65ph wrote:These will be made available soon anytime now...

Hi Matt.You meant locally?
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by matt65ph Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Yes...they are releasing it locally. Nagpasok ng imported. Yung boxset mahal talaga!

ninja wrote:
matt65ph wrote:These will be made available soon anytime now...

Hi Matt.You meant locally?
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:46 pm

matt65ph wrote:Yes...they are releasing it locally. Nagpasok ng imported. Yung boxset mahal talaga!

Will check this one.There are several songs on the "mono" which are really different daw from what we are used to hearing from them.Thanks for the info Smile
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by matt65ph Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:55 pm

they remastered the songs using the original reel master and not the production master so would assume that the quality is really good.

ninja wrote:
matt65ph wrote:Yes...they are releasing it locally. Nagpasok ng imported. Yung boxset mahal talaga!

Will check this one.There are several songs on the "mono" which are really different daw from what we are used to hearing from them.Thanks for the info Smile
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by limva Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Bakit kaya mas mahal ang mono kesa stereo? Saka mas mahal sa CD Universe kesa Amazon ($500+ vs $200+), usually it's the other way around? http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7985660

Mukhang mabenta, puro out of stock sa CD Universe! Hindi kaya limited edition lang ito? If that's the case pwede na yung $229 na mono sa Amazon.
limva
limva
Collector
Collector

Libra Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:41 am

limva wrote:Bakit kaya mas mahal ang mono kesa stereo? Saka mas mahal sa CD Universe kesa Amazon ($500+ vs $200+), usually it's the other way around? http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7985660

Mukhang mabenta, puro out of stock sa CD Universe! Hindi kaya limited edition lang ito? If that's the case pwede na yung $229 na mono sa Amazon.

Hi Wil,yung Amazon parang hindi naguupdate minsan ng prices nila.Yung box set ni Cliff dati malaki din ang difference compared sa isang source and Amazon.I think mas accurate yung sa CD universe na pricing. Smile
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:49 pm

euge,

eto ilang napulot ko na comments na nakaka-enganyong bumili...

• “Till There Was You”: On the ’87 CD, Paul McCartney’s voice still sounds dreamily mellow, somewhat masked, on the Meredith Willson love song from “The Music Man”; the new version brings out more fullness in his voice, as well as more crispness in the percussion work.

• “Eight Days A Week”: This exuberant track sounded immediately compressed in the old CD master; the new one gains openness and adds noticeable presence to the signature hand claps.

• “Yesterday”: Remastering can’t alter the beauty of McCartney’s classic lament, but now the pluck of his fingers on the strings of his acoustic guitar is even more visceral.

• “In My Life”: As in many of the previewed tracks, it’s the drums and bass that are most immediately improved. Even though it’s not a powerhouse track, Ringo’s rhythmic accents are bigger and sharper.

• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”: The opening guitar riff felt like it would rip through the speakers in Capitol’s Studio C with the added vibrancy Paul's lead guitar gets in the new version.

• “Good Night”: The closing track from “The Beatles,” a.k.a. the White Album, starts with string accompaniment that sounded canned on the old CD. I noted a slight harshness in the remastered version but also a fuller orchestral sound and an especially appealing purity in the flutes behind Ringo’s sweetly melancholy vocal.

• “The Long and Winding Road”: Paul may cringe at those sweeping strings that Phil Spector overdubbed onto his swan-song Beatles ballad, but they sound even broader and more spacious on the remaster than on the 1987 CD.

pero pare-pareho ang comments regarding the price... SOBRANG MAHAL!
AJ
AJ
Collector
Collector

Sagittarius Location : Pilipinas

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:32 pm

AJ,thanks for the "himay" Smile Since you listed the songs na may specific changes,ay I will try to get hold of this songs,then probably pakinggan natin at masuring mabuti.Other songs na may noticeable changes are:"Help","She's leaving home" daw
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:58 pm

BTW AJ(sorry puro abbrev.),yung mga differences ba ay specific lahat sa "mono"versions of the song?
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by yonek Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:06 am

me n basa ako:
"
the rereleases will include the Beatles’ 12 studio albums and Magical Mystery Tour as well as Past Masters Vol. I and II, which will be packaged as one collection. All 14 discs will be available with DVDs of the documentaries in a stereo box set, and a set titled The Beatles in Mono featuring 10 discs will also be released.
"
yonek
yonek
Collector
Collector

Aries Location : Dakbayan sa San Carlos
Humor : bwahahahaha...
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:49 am

News regarding this.It's available locally(stereo version) nga as Matt had mentioned.A little below 600php(595php I think).IT includes a quick time documentary(1st issue lang daw ito kasama?).But not all reviews are raving on the stereo versions.Notable lang daw are the "hard Days Night","Help" and "Rubber Soul" albums.No idea about the others.The last 4 Beatles album are originally on stereo na,so nothing new siguro.But I really like the packaging this time.Digipak style(cardboard),more collectible(I guess) rather than one in a jewel casing.Anybody here who bought one already?
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by matt65ph Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 am

Still waiting to get hold of my copy as well. Sobrang mahal sya talaga. If not for the packaging the release is not as interesting. The one that is really good to buy is the boxset as it also includes a book. As usual, marketing ploy ng label saying that the stereo mixes is better (similar to PET SOUNDS). I guess US, Japan and UK sales might jump up but the rest of the globe I don't think so(especially now with the recession).

My two cent opinion: What they could have done is release the first five(INCLUDING US VERSIONS) in stereo and spread the other titles later in the year. In this case there's a chance that people will pick up the rest of the catalogue(contrary to releasing it now, people might not be interested to buy all in one go.)

It seems that EMI is strapped for cash that they wanted to get a quick buck by having all available. They timed it perfectly with the release of BEATLES ROCKBAND but I think kids would rather buy the game than the CD. EMI again forgot that kids would rather DL the song in their ipods rather than buy the CD (1. its more cheaper for them and 2. more tailor fit to their choice cuts)

Cost incursion for EMI must be huge since they invested in remastering it and paying for the publishing so there's a reason why the big hype. If they priced it reasonably maybe then it might attract buyers instead of eyes.

What you think?

On a different note, why not DC5? not because I'm a big fan but is it possible that the digital sales of DC5 didn't warrant Dave to do physical CD? It has been said that after the ITUNES release DC will release the tracks on CD. So far no word yet. Japan is a good territory(enough to out do UK catalogue sales) to release catalogue yet hasn't naything been made available.

What you think??

ninja wrote:News regarding this.It's available locally(stereo version) nga as Matt had mentioned.A little below 600php(595php I think).IT includes a quick time documentary(1st issue lang daw ito kasama?).But not all reviews are raving on the stereo versions.Notable lang daw are the "hard Days Night","Help" and "Rubber Soul" albums.No idea about the others.The last 4 Beatles album are originally on stereo na,so nothing new siguro.But I really like the packaging this time.Digipak style(cardboard),more collectible(I guess) rather than one in a jewel casing.Anybody here who bought one already?
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by yonek Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am

sgt peppers
w/ little help from my fwends

evaluation copy
Code:
http://yonek.net/mypeborits/beatles/
yonek
yonek
Collector
Collector

Aries Location : Dakbayan sa San Carlos
Humor : bwahahahaha...
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:00 am

DC5 future releases will depend on Dave Clark's business plan.It's been ages since an official release(that is physical not mp3s) had been released.People are more hungry for them I think.

I think a separate release of the Mono Albums(individually) will also benefit EMI had they done this.The boxed set is a good idea(especially for collectors),but not everyone(me included) would like the bulk purchase.As I've mentioned earlier,some Mono versions are still better than the Stereo release,so I would have taken that chance to pick which ones to buy.Some are even claiming that the Capitol album releases is the more practical(economical)purchase Wink

Wow,Matt so got yourself the Mono boxed set?I would really appreciate that you make a review of the release.Mono vs.Stereo.haha.
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by matt65ph Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

hehe panaginip lang yung boxset Doc! I already inquired about it. Even EMI Phils. cannot afford to bring in a single copy. what I do have is the Capitol versions which I think I featured in the old forum. It goes without saying though, like you, some mono releases are really classic and I wouldn't want to touch it for remastering. The whole point of "classic" or "vintage" sound will be taken away and give a different aural experience not similar to what we grew up with.

As for DC5, while my stint at EMI, I tried to negotiate directly with his lawyer/business manager. I made several attempts through the years but to no avail they wanted a global license instead of territorial releases. I think they do know the potential of what they have but are misconstrued as to how to exploit a deal wherein all terms must be favorable to them. In that scenario, major labels will tend to shy away to what they're offering but instead invest on a newer, hotter act which they know will rake in a long term financial profit as compared to catalogue "one time, big time" release. Its never too late though, who knows maybe one of those label geniuses might be able to convince them and present a new business model that is favorable to both parties. But again.....lets just patiently wait

ninja wrote:DC5 future releases will depend on Dave Clark's business plan.It's been ages since an official release(that is physical not mp3s) had been released.People are more hungry for them I think.

I think a separate release of the Mono Albums(individually) will also benefit EMI had they done this.The boxed set is a good idea(especially for collectors),but not everyone(me included) would like the bulk purchase.As I've mentioned earlier,some Mono versions are still better than the Stereo release,so I would have taken that chance to pick which ones to buy.Some are even claiming that the Capitol album releases is the more practical(economical)purchase Wink

Wow,Matt so got yourself the Mono boxed set?I would really appreciate that you make a review of the release.Mono vs.Stereo.haha.
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 am

matt65ph wrote:... My two cent opinion: What they could have done is release the first five(INCLUDING US VERSIONS) in stereo and spread the other titles later in the year. In this case there's a chance that people will pick up the rest of the catalogue(contrary to releasing it now, people might not be interested to buy all in one go.)

very correct, matt.

they should've created the INTEREST first.
release the pre-Pepper albums first. great marketing ploy to include the US versions since madaming collectibles din dun like the non-Beatle b-side of HELP!

pag na-create na ang INTEREST... then release the full catalogue.

as it is kasi, pinipilit GATASAN ng EMi ang "Beatles Cow"... mahirap biglain lalo na may recession.

PERO! after all has been said and done...
madami talaga tayong beatlemaniacs na siguradong waiting for the right time lang to buy our copies...
(even if we already have many copies of said songs -- which is kinda stupid to others)

As a friend of mine commented when i was in cloud 9 when i bought my Anthology 1 in 95...
"pati ba naman mga PALPAK at PATAPON ng Beatles, bibilhin mo?"

re DC5, dapat gisingin ni Dave ang tulog na DC5 fans in the US!
pag gising na ang US, madali lang ang Europe and Asia, matagal na tayong IN WAITING MODE.

baka kasi, pag ginigising ni Dave ang US market... ang sagot parang Cheech and Chong...
Dave's not here!!! lol!
AJ
AJ
Collector
Collector

Sagittarius Location : Pilipinas

Back to top Go down

Post by matt65ph Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm

hahaha!!! baka pag naisipan ni Dave maglabas ubos na yung mga bibili ng CD nya...more than 40 years ago pa yun...geriatrics na majority sa kanila.

I think its not wise to keep his catalogue that long. I hope he realizes that his core market are no longer kids and adults but GERIATRICS. People who were 20 years old in the the year 1964-65...

He might end up regretting that he did not make profit of his assets the 2nd time around. His music might end up in a vault God knows where if something happens to him. Then again Dave is known to be a shrewd and eccentric businessman, striking at times when people least expect. Bottom line though, DC5 is not like the Beatles that is universally accepted, that's the reason why EMI struck gold when they signed them up(much to the dismay of DECCA RECORDS).

DC5 is more of a class of his own. They almost made it as big as the fab four but a little too short on the "pogi points" and demeanor. The Beatles were a lyrical geniuses whereas DC5 were musicians with a sense of soul music and vocal prowess.
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by ninja Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Good thing we have the Rockin Beat copies of DC5 Matt(please check your Inbox)! Been doing my own reviews between the Mono and Stereo versions and honestly I'm really liking the "mono" versions.Hmmm to buy or not to buy? Question
ninja
ninja
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by matt65ph Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Got that!!!

That's because we grew up listening to these versions on LP over a million times. Up to now pati yung mga talon ng LP ko kabisado ko pa...heheheh

I for one still would listen to the old releases but will also have a listen to the stereo version for musical purposes. I remember playing these Beatles songs with friends(weekend warrior band stuff Very Happy ) and having a hard time to decipher the actual notes and frets that they used.

In relation to this release I'll post a "THE BEATLES with TONY SHERIDAN" info either here or vintage vinyl section(not really sure kung fit dun).

Thanks Doc!

ninja wrote:Good thing we have the Rockin Beat copies of DC5 Matt(please check your Inbox)! Been doing my own reviews between the Mono and Stereo versions and honestly I'm really liking the "mono" versions.Hmmm to buy or not to buy? Question
matt65ph
matt65ph
Collector
Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum