Music Collectors' Rendezvous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music

+5
AJ
bobbylon
romance
kEik
yxesmas
9 posters

Go down

Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music Empty Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music

Post by yxesmas Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:53 pm

I have this blog site way back 2006 and I've only posted three blogs on it. Now I need to add some more blogs because I'm going to use it as a reference. I can't think of a topic to write so I decided to compose something about music. Music was the reason why I was not able to continue to write and post more blogs to my blog site. I thought I'd share this blog with you guys. Pasensiya na kung nosebleed, I just need to practice writing in hengalish ... Very Happy ... sana hindi kayo ma-bore. Violent reactions are welcome, please do post your comments, lalo na kung may negative comments para matuto ako mag-blog ... mwahhhhhhhhh!

==============================================

For the last four (4) years I have been addicted to downloading music files. It all started when an online buddy asked me to search for a song with some lyrics that goes something like this "take it slow, take it slow, oohhh". He said he's not sure if the title of the song was "Take It Slow" and added that he just heard it being streamed over Home Radio. I was challenged, I tuned in to the said radio station for about two weeks hoping to hear the lyrics on every song played until one day, while working at my internet shop and listening to the radio, I heard a song played with some of the lyrics so I noted down some more of it and then searched it on Google, results returned for "Ordinary People" as the title and John Legend as the artist. Immediately, I searched for the song from Limewire and a lot of results returned. Excited as I was, I waited for my online buddy to come online, and as soon as he did I told him at once that I got the song, sent it to him and he was very delighted. How I felt back then was, not only did I make someone away from his family happy but it was like I have solved a puzzle.

From then on, I was always eager to search and download more songs for him even if he only provided part of the lyrics or just a title or a title and the artist and the year the song was released. And there was a time when I cannot find the song with the lyrics that he gave me, I asked him to sing the song so I can compare it to the song that I thought was the one he’s looking for. And when I heard him sing part of the lyrics, even when he sounded like he’s drunk (hahaha!), I told him yes, I have found the song. Though it was just a sample song I’ve got from www.allmusic.com at least I was certain of the title and the artist, it was Michelle Philips’ No Love Today. Again, I searched for it from Limewire and I was fortunate to get only one result and it was active so I was able to download it.

It was all fun and the fact that most of the songs that he asked me to look for were actually songs that have been part of my childhood, songs that I’ve heard when I was growing up, songs that has brought so many memories, songs that I was not aware of the title and the artist yet when I heard them I was just ecstatic to say Yes! I know these songs. There were songs that were really easy to find but there were some that took me months and even years before I found them. And as I looked for these hard to find songs, I came across this forum, whose thread title was “Looking for Hard to Find Songs”, where I have found copies of the songs that I have been looking for so long.

The best part of all these song searching was I also found new friends. Friends who are very generous to share their collection of songs ripped from their own collection of vinyls and cd’s. Friends whom I think are not only friends in music but also friends in the true meaning of it. I am proud of these people that comprise this H2F-TMC family and am so glad to be part of it.

We may just be ORDINARY PEOPLE but we do share EXTRA-ORDINARY MUSIC.

Last edited by yxesmas on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
yxesmas
yxesmas
Collector
Collector

Gemini Location : Cavite
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music Empty Re: Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music

Post by kEik Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:00 pm

waaaaah.. na-touch naman ako... Smile

(yan muna po comment ko, bisihan lang.. balikan ko to ha..)

labs yu, mommy! Very Happy
kEik
kEik
Collector
Collector

Gemini Location : Cavite
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music Empty Re: Ordinary People, Extra-Ordinary Music

Post by romance Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Sad ...wa ako ma-say!!!...i second the motion...that emotion...emote...luvs u lola tsamps... Wink
romance
romance
Collector
Collector

Libra Location : Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbylon Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 am

waw... naka-relate ako ha... ako yung laging hingi ng hingi... lols.... tnx lola 4 sharing ur extra-ordinary blog...
bobbylon
bobbylon
Collector
Collector

Virgo Location : reem island, abu dhabi, uae
Humor : wala basta gudlak nalang!

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

BOW cheers
AJ
AJ
Collector
Collector

Sagittarius Location : Pilipinas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolski Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Amen to that!
Rolski
Rolski
Collector
Collector

Scorpio Location : Q.C.
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by vincentdaffalong Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 am

di lang ORDINARY....EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE na rin...with EXTRAORDINARY PASSION on sharing EXTRAORDINARY MUSIC via this EXTRAORDINARY TECHNOLOGY...basta lahat EXTRAORDINARY...he he he...

vincentdaffalong
Collector
Collector

Scorpio Location : Limbo
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by maui Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

<<<<<<<<<nag rereminisce Sad

Pwede na natin ilagay sa libro to lola,

pero seriousness, swak na swak, sobrang galing mo lola, the best ka talaga., lam mo bang hobby ko dati gumawa ng blogs sa friendster,blogspot,tagged, pero natigil ko na xa in so many reason, dahil kase sa mga blogs ko, may nakilala akong guy sa isa sa mga site, at yun din ang unang taong nanakit sakin, kaya siguro isa yun sa dahilan kung bakit ko tinigilan ang hobby nato, ewan ko lang,

gusto ko nga ulit balikan yung mga days o yung pag gawa ko nun, kaya lng pinangungunahan ako ng kaba na baka mag krus ulit yung landas namin, at alam ko sa sarili ko na hindi ko pa siya kayang harapin hanggang ngayon,.... pero pwamis lola, ang galing mo..... the best ito, kaka touch sa lahat... how sweet!!!
maui
maui
Collector
Collector

Leo Location : Rodriguez Rizal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:16 pm

YEAH! I'M SURE WE ALL HERE FEEL THE SAME WAY! TOUCH NA TOUCH AKO........ AMEN TO THAT! Smile
Gerry
Gerry
Collector
Collector

Virgo Location : ETIVAC
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down